AFTER THE FUNERAL
- Send acknowledgment to those who sent flowers, brought food, or gave their time to be of service (can be a written note, newspaper ad etc.). It’s not necessary to send an acknowledgement card to every person who signed the guest book, although you may if you wish.
- Locate the will and notify the lawyer and executor.
- Check carefully all life insurance and death benefits, including Social Insurance, fraternal, and military. Also check on income for survivors from these sources.
- Check promptly on all debts and installment payments, including credit cards. Some may carry insurance clauses that will cancel them.
- If deceased was living alone, notify utilities and landlord and tell post office where to send mail.
You may need to notify:
- Insurance agents
- Utility Companies
- Post Office